Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It begins out of Love

Just as a little side thing for me to take notes, vent, and reminisce on something that has always been a huge part of my life,  K-pop.

A little history of myself first.  I started to listen to K-pop when Seotaiji and Boy's first hit the scene. I was probably in 5th grade at the time.  I'm now 29 and have followed more groups and watched their progression then most K-pop fans these days. I remember when in the States the only way to get K-pop was on video through the Korean grocer and it was Inky Gayo and Sang bangson TV Gayo 20!  Before KMTV and around the same time AOL got started.  I am OLD SCHOOL ~puhahaha~  I'm not so up to date with Current K-pop I relay on my High School Students, and K-pop Charts like Soompi.  I have over 150 K-pop CD's from original releases and some groups their full career anthologies such as Deux, Noise and Roo'ra.

I am Full Korean born and raised in OHIO.  I am no where close to being Fluent in Korean so you can expect some mistakes.  I used to go to Korea on a regular basis when my oldest Brother lived there.  So if I was dropped off in the middle of Seoul I could definitely find my way home or the nearest station to Apkujung or Yonsei dae.  I did one summer at Yonsei before College, I would advise any new High School gradute to go do that!  AMAZING experiance you will never forget and some life long friends. 

FIGHTING!
Expect a lot of music videos, references and comparisons and some history from what I know.

Let's start it out with one of my All time favorites Seotaiji Hayoga

No comments:

Post a Comment